Monastery of the Order of the Cross – St.Petersberg Castle , Silz/Tyrol
- 1 x WLZ 5-50 10-line song display
- VESA 1 standard wall mounts
A castle chapel is mentioned as early as 1299. Today, the castle appears as a uniform complex with residential and defensive buildings around an inner courtyard. The buildings date back to the 13th century, but were built on an older foundation. From 1965 the existing St.Petersberg Castle was adapted and converted into a monastery. Here live the Brothers of the Holy Cross (“Order of the Cross”)
In the eastern part of the castle complex there is the castle chapel, which is connected with the northern wing, built in the 16th century, by an open archway. The original church dedicated to St. The double chapel dedicated to St. Peter was rebuilt from 1881. The two floors were united into one room, and St. Peter the Baptist was installed. Ursula consecrated. Romanesque round-arched windows in the east and north walls are preserved from the 12th century building. Under the choir, the ground plan of a smaller Romanesque predecessor chapel from the 11th century was discovered in 1972.
The castle and monastery with residential buildings, outbuildings and fortifications and remains of walls in the ground are protected monuments.